Monday, November 15, 2010

Hello from your new Blog Mistress!

Hi everyone!

My name is Jainnie and I am your new Blog Mistress for PolyTalk.  I kind of love that title, "Blog Mistress."  It makes me think of pirates for some reason...like, "There's me olde blog mistress! Bloggin' about clay and other nonsense!"

I've done polymer clay for quite awhile.  Recently I found a piece that was dated "2002," so I think it's safe to say I've been working with clay off and on over 10 years.  I love making cute things, unusual things, textured things, and beautiful things.  There are still lots of techniques I'd love to learn.  Like a lot of crafters, I have a TON of craft supplies.

I'm hoping to feature guild members from time to time, and showcase their work.  If you have pics of your polymer clay items, please send them to me.  Or, you can bring them to a guild meeting and I will take pics of them with my nifty, handy digital SLR camera.

Please make sure to check out our PPPCG Facebook Group.  What's cool about that is it's a way for guild members to stay connected between meetings.  You can post comments, questions, links, and photos, and there is even a chat feature, if you like to do that.  I was telling those who haven't plunged into Facebook that you have the option of how involved you want to be, so really, it's not scary at all.  Technology can be a good thing! 

Here are some pics (not the best, most were taken quite awhile back!) of a small sampling of my work over the years:

Little Bear

Fan Pendant with stamped images and texture

Pendant, based upon Desiree McCrorey's Moss Agate Bead tutorial

Polymer Clay Hair Clips - The one in the middle is made with a rubber stamp and texture, the bottom one I made with my own texture plate made out of dried alphabet pasta

"Cloisonné" Pendant - stamped, then filled in with tinted liquid clay

Morning Glory Pendant with canework

Little Geisha girl pins

Ramen Noodle Bowl pins - it's tricky making the noodles.  You need a color that looks right and you also have to cut the noodles so they have straight sides.  If you just roll them out, they tend to look like spaghetti or worse yet, worms!

"Gecko-lele" - I loved geckos and anoles when I was in Hawaii.  They were everywhere.  I also learned to play the ukulele.  Thus, "Gecko-lele" was born.  He was a small guy and I was afraid he'd burn in the oven when firing, so he stayed in the raw state.  The ukulele is now partly broken off.  I guess there will be another one sometime!

5 comments:

Piper Larson said...

Gorgeous! Are the items in the 4th photo - hair clips? They're very pretty.
XO Piper

Jainnie Jenkins said...

Hi Piper! Yes, those are hair clips. Thanks for your comments!
~Jainnie

Tejae: Heart Shaped Art said...

hey Jainnie, it's so fun to meet you and see your polymer clay work. great job with the blog. I look forward to checking back often. :)

Suzanne said...

Jainnie, What a wonderful Blog!! I'm so glad you decided to join us. I love your clay work. Some of your pieces remind me of Donna Kato's. Please bring some in December. Everyone would love to see them. Suzanne

Jainnie Jenkins said...

Hi Tejae and Suzanne! I'll gather up some of my clay items to bring to Dec.'s meeting. It's fun doing the blog. I'm open to any ideas/topics/links.
~Jainnie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...