Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pasta Machine Blades Worn Out?

Recently I took apart my atlas pasta machine and realized one of my blades had worn down unevenly so I needed a new one. Thought I'd pass along the information in case any of you need new scraper blades. The information below was recommended by www.theclaystore.com

You can find this information on sculpey's website...
www.sculpey.com/Projects/projects_CleaningPastaMachines.htm

I contacted them today and they sell the blades for $5 a set. Very reasonable. They accept checks or credit cards and accept orders over the phone, fax or email.

Atlas Pasta Machines (GARY VALENTI, INC., 54-36 FLUSHING AVENUE, MASPETH, N.Y. 11378, TEL.: 718-386-0896 / FAX: 718-417-6227)

Contact Dawn M. Steiger at Valentimp1@aol.com.
They have a website, http://www.MarcatoUSA.com
-Tejae Floyde

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took the scrapers off of mine years ago and haven't had any problems. I separate the clay from the roller gently with my fingers as it comes through. I may get a tiny bit of a rolled edge, but it usually gets trimmed off anyway. Is there some reason to use the scrapers that I am missing?

Anonymous said...

This great info! I had no idea you could buy new scrapers. I take it only for the Atlas machines?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...